Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Embroidery Hoop Wall Art--An Apple for the Teacher

I know I've mentioned this before, but just to be redundant, my friend Lori is mostly responsible for starting me down the crafty blog path that you find me on today. She's (obviously) my friend on Facebook and for months has been sending me links to all kinds of creative blogs with ideas and projects on them that she thought I'd like.
She is right. I like them, all of them, and I immediately want to stop whatever project I'm in the middle of and do the next new thing. And sometimes I choose not to resist the urge and end up with a great gift at the right time.
For example, she sent me this link to Maybe Matilda about embroidery hoop wall art. These are so cute! I love the one with the girl and the balloon. And it happened to be right around the end of the school year, and Elliot's last year in the pre-school before moving up to Kindergarten. So I wanted to give his teacher something special as an end of the year gift. So, using some scraps from other projects I had finished I came up with this version.


A free-form embroidery piece all done with the sewing machine! And the best part is that nothing has to look "perfect", in fact I think the imperfections add to the cuteness. And can you see it? An apple for the teacher??
I glued my fabric and frame together and left it plain, but again, I think there are all kinds of embellishments that could be added if you choose. Or you could add words or the date very easily. I love all the possibilities a craft like this has. 
And our wonderful teacher, Ms. Erin, loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!