Monday, June 13, 2011

Just Call Me the Bag Lady

I think I may be picky. With the tens of thousands of tote bags available in the world, I couldn't find one style I liked or was big enough or was a color I liked and on and on. And frankly, I think a good many of them are way overpriced. And I happened to be following Grosgrain during their free pattern month. Where I stumbled upon this pattern and tutorial by Anna from Noodlehead for a great tote bag. I loved it!
So I made my own---




And they are perfect! Big enough for the pool or beach but not so big that I'll be tempted to overfill them. Great for shopping and the library too! And I love the 2 front pockets, big enough for coloring books and all manner of kid debris. The best part is that the total cost for both bags was under $10! I am trying to use my stash of fabrics right now, so everything but the flower fabric came from the closet. The flowers we an impulse buy, but I had a coupon so it doesn't count, right?
Anyone feel like going to the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!