Sunday, July 3, 2011

The 10 minute Flag T-Shirt

Happy 4th of July weekend! I just wanted to drop a quick post of the 10 minute t-shirt I whipped up for the boy this morning. Little sister already has a 4th of July outfit.  See THIS post for more info on that one. Naturally, once Elliot saw hers, he needed a new shirt too.

So I went to my scrap stash and looked through it, and came up with these.
The stripes are scraps of seersucker fabric leftover from shorts and pants and the stars were an impulse buy at JoAnn fabrics on Friday (fat quarters were on sale)

He chose a red t-shirt from his drawer, and I cut a 3"X3" square, 2 strips of the blue and 2 strips of the red stripes. I didn't measure these, I just laid it all out on the shirt and eyeballed it.
Like so---
Once everything was placed where I wanted, I used some HeatBond to tack it down.

And then, using a straight stitch, sewed it all in place. I like the look of the slightly frayed edges so I didn't finish any of the edges.

And 10 minutes later---
A brand "new" 4th of July t-shirt for the boy!

 I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!