Monday, July 18, 2011

A Labor of Love---A Scrappy Color Book

During the month of June, one of my favorite blogs Living With Punks did a series called "Scrap Your Stash", basically a challenge to use all the scraps from other projects to make something new. There were so many amazing projects, but the one that spoke to me the most was the Scrappy Color Book.  So, using the tutorial from OopseyDaiseyColorBook, I made my own color book.







I call this a labor of love, because while this was not hard to put together, it did take quite a bit of time and patience. In the end, it was well worth both.

Thanks to OopseyDaisy and to LivingWithPunks for the tutorials and inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. It turned out so cute! Great job Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great project! I love educational toys. With the time factor-tell me about it. I needed a week to finish the puppet theater or the tent. The nice thing is that no one has the stuff we make. Secondly, mom made it and one feels and sees the love. I think it is the cutest when my daughter asks if I made it when I buy her something or when she asks me to make her a new sponge after she ripped hers in two pieces. Thank you for visiting my blog and for sharing your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!