Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Girl Bassinet

I wish I had a "before" picture of this bassinet.

I didn't think to take one, so you're just going to have to take my word that it was in sad, sad shape. A friend who was pregnant with her second little girl really liked using the bassinet for her first baby, she just didn't like the color and wear that was on it. This was a fun project, we went shopping together for the fabric and trim. (Just in case you were wondering, if you call me and ask if I want to go to the fabric store, my answer will be a big YES!) I love to take people to the store and see them fall in love with a fabric, especially for babies, gives me major warm fuzzies.

Anyway, I took the old fabric off the bassinet and took it apart in order to use it to help create a pattern. The canopy was oddly put together, so that I threw out and started from scratch. It went together very quickly, only took an evening, and I was so excited when I was done, I sent a photo to Mom, I just couldn't wait for her to see it.




She loved it as much as I did, and so did dad and  big sister. They were all even happier a few months later, when it held baby girl number 2. Talk about warm fuzzies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!