Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More Cake!

Since I have cake on my mind right now, I thought I'd show you my other favorite birthday cakes.  This one was for my daughter's first birthday.  I actually found this cake on the Wilton decorating site, and fell in love with it.


I changed up the colors a bit and accidentally made the caterpillar go the wrong direction, but it all worked in the end.


I used the Wilton ball cake pan and did yellow and chocolate cake, alternating segments. This was a big cake!

And the one from my son's 4th birthday, again a Wilton pan.


The purple Monster Truck.


I don't remember why it had to be purple, but it was an absolute must! And my son will only eat yellow cake, no chocolate (crazy child!) so the donut wheels alarmed him, but they're yellow inside so he ate them anyway.

 My daughter's princess party on her 2nd birthday. (yes, I love the Wilton cake pans.)


And here's an one of my earliest attempts for my son's 3rd birthday.


Looking at this one, I realize how much I've learned about cakes and frosting in 6 years. 

These were all so fun to make (and eat!) but I have to admit that I am really glad that my kid's birthdays are 6 months apart, because I need the recovery time. 

That said, I am gathering up my supplies for another one right now.....wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!