Tuesday, February 7, 2012

That Old Silverware Tray

It started this holiday season when I bought new silverware.

This is monumental. This is huge. It is the very first set of matching silverware I have ever owned. Ever.

So, now instead of 7 or 8 pieces of mismatched cutlery, we have a lovely new service for eight. And I was really excited to bring it home, get it washed and in the drawer only to discover that the old silverware tray didn't have enough spaces for all my new utensils. Grrrr.

About a week later, I found a new tray that I liked and would fit both the drawer and all the silverware. Yay!

But then I was left with an extra silverware tray.

What on earth do you do with that? There was nothing wrong with it and I didn't want to just throw it away, so I let it sit on my washing machine for a week and put it out of my mind.

Until one night while I was sewing and couldn't find my seam ripper on the mess that my side table had become. And while I was grumbling and hunting in the sewing box, scattering the scraps of fabric and getting caught in my spools of thread, I had one of those rare AHA! moments.


I went and got the silverware tray, perfect for scissors, pencils, sharpies, seam rippers and various other must haves for the sewing/crafting area.


It works perfectly! It fits on my side table like it was meant to be there. And now I can find everything, things have a place and aren't just scattered on the table.

Now, let's just hope this burst of tidiness will last!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!