Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pretty Storage Tote

I have a lot of crafty stuff.

I like to do a lot of different kind of crafts, and let's face it scrapbooking supplies are simply not interchangeable with knitting supplies. So, I have a bunch of different kinds of craft supplies. And I am constantly rotating through them depending on what kind of craft whim I am on.

Oh, and I also have a small house. I truly believe that my house gets smaller every year, between my stuff, my husband's stuff (including a massive comic book collection) and the 2 kids and all of their stuff, space seems to just disappear.

So how to effectively store my crafty stuff so that it's both accessible and easy to put away is an absolute must. Plus, I like to go places to craft. What's more fun than a ladies night of knitting or scrapbooking?

So, when I stumbled on Sew 4 Home's Structured Fabric Baskets and Moda's Round Basket, I knew that they were a must make immediately!  (I am actually not joking about the immediately part. I dropped everything else I was working on that weekend to make some of these.) Cute storage for my stuff and a good way to use up some of my smaller pieces of fabric; yes, please!

I didn't have enough of the fabric I wanted to use to make the round basket, so I took the two patterns and kind of married them together. I followed the tutorial for the fabric baskets, adding the pockets from the round basket pattern and changing the handle placement so I ended up with more of a tote.


I really like the ric-rac detail  on the bag, it's such a neat way to use it as a cute trim.


And then I loaded it up with my scrapbooking tools.





And on Friday night, I was off to a fun evening with my scrapbooking friends.  And when I got home, all I had to do was put this bag on the shelf, everything already put away and ready to go again next time.


***Note, I did make 2 of the baskets as written in the original tutorial, which I will show you tomorrow***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!