Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A{nother} New Project Bag

Okay, I'm just going to admit it. I have a thing for bags. I love tote bags, knitting bags, project bags, even purses. Maybe it's because they're like portable containers (and I do love a container!) Maybe it's because I like to compartmentalize everything. I just really, really love a new bag.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine posted a photo of a Japanese knot bag in our knitting/crochet group and I was immediately smitten. They're a very different shape than all my other knitting project bags, and very small, definitely a one project sized bag.

I found a fantastic pattern on All People Quilt that I used to make this bag.


I have been hanging on to this fabric since last February (at least) and here, finally, is the right project for it. 



The design that the larger handle slips into the smaller one is such a great way to close up the bag.


There are even inside pockets for needles, stitch markers, small scissors, or whatever else you like to carry in your project bag. I will say this, the one thing I'd change in this pattern would be to make the pockets a little deeper, but that's just my preference. The pattern is great as written.


There will be more of these in my future, I'm sure. This one is already on its way to it's new owner....hope she likes surprises!


Linked Up HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!