Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bright Hopes Baby Quilt---Finished!

Has this cold/flu season been killing anyone else?? It seriously seems like every time I turn around someone is getting sick at my house and then thoughtfully sharing that illness with me, sheeeesh!

Being sick or caring for sick people for the last six weeks has slowed progress on most of my projects down to almost nothing, which is why I'm so excited to finally get this one done.

Remember the quilt I started back in January? Well, here it is--finished, at last!


A fun baby quilt using the Bright Hopes quilt block. 
Front.


And the back.
I love that yellow circle fabric.


The quilt measures 34 X 45 (inches)


I did end up piecing the back together so that I could use my extra squares. I love those owls!


I also did all the quilting by machine, first quilting around the large and small squares, then quilting this block design around the outer edges. I love the way it turned out, the pattern mimics the blocks on the quilt.



So, so happy that I got something accomplished in the last few weeks! 

Here's to my health! (fingers crossed) And yours, too! And many more new projects to share!

Linked Up HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!