Monday, June 3, 2013

Crochet Amigurumi

Holy cow! Did the end of the school year turn into a tornado of events for everyone else?? I think Jen Hatmaker, sums up the whole experience quite well, if you haven't read her blog post, go do it NOW!  I can certainly relate!

Between the end of the school year, and now having my kids home with me every day the amount of crafty things I've been getting accomplished has been almost non-existent.

Almost.

I did finally bust out my DK weight yarn, brand new E crochet hook, a simple starter pattern I found on Ravelry, and park myself in front of a YouTube tutorial for an hour 2 weekends ago and finally taught myself some basic crochet stitches.

The results speak for themselves.


"Amy the Alien"


"Mr. Peach" 




"Larry, Curly and Moe" or "Strawberry, Blueberry and Banana"

I made all of these guys using Alison Hoffman's beginner pattern found on her blog Crafty Is Cool. They were super easy, an excellent starter pattern. 

So, I decided to stick with quick, simple patterns and made this little owl using Josephine Wu's pattern.


Aaaaand, well, I need some work on my eye placement, and perhaps 10:30 pm is not the best time for tiny amigurumi, but he sure does capture how I've been feeling lately, so I love him.

I got braver and made a little pink teddy bear using this pattern by HankoHeals that I found on Pinterest.


We gave this one to my son's 1st grade teacher along with a gift card as an end of the year gift.

And finally, I just finished up this one last night.


hisssssssssssss!!!


This little snake pattern is from Little Muggles (another Pinterest find), she has several free patterns as well as an etsy shop I'm dying to purchase from.

And that's it. That is the sum total of craft projects I've completed for the last 3 1/2 weeks. Oh, I have lots of things started, and ideas or plans for so many more, but I have yet to fully get into my summertime rhythm.

Ah, well....for now these little critters are tons of fun to make. I'll take 'em!


Linked Up HERE



3 comments:

  1. Fun things to crochet! Thanks for sharing, you got me excited to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love that little snake - so cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for linking up your great craf. Stop by again next week and link up another awesome project!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Susie@bowdabra
    http://bowdabrablog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!