Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween Amigurumi

The other night I hit a wall. A big one, directly in the face. In the midst of trying to finish up the Halloween costumes, I decided to quit early and crochet a pumpkin.

Yep, in a fit of stress I decided that I needed to crochet an amigurumi pumpkin right. that. second.

So I did. I found an easy pattern from Hip 2 Thrift via Pinterest and in just under an hour I had a small, happy little pumpkin. (Totally channeling Bob Ross right now...) 



And once I had one, I had to have 2.


And then, it was on.

I found a cute spider pattern from Crafty is Cool, so naturally, I needed to have a spider too.



And while I was crocheting my second spider I thought--"hey, maybe I need to have a bat." So I used the same body pattern as the spider and added wings instead of legs.

And then I had a bat.


During this frenzy of crocheting something interesting happened. The wall went away, the stress lifted, and I found my way back to the costumes with renewed enthusiasm.

I also have something else. Too many Halloween amigurumis! So, I am having my first ever giveaway.


I am giving away these 3 Halloween Amigurumi critters to one lucky winner! In order to enter the contest, you must be a member of my blog and like my page on Facebook. As a bonus entry, you can leave a comment here telling me what you and/or your family are going to be for Halloween.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


And that's it! I will announce the winner on Sunday, October 27th. Good Luck!!


9 comments:

  1. Since I am from the Land of the Pumpkins (Circleville OH, home of the world's oldest Pumpkin Festival) I must have these little beauties!!!! They are adorable (just like you, Heather!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Halloween arugami abd great story behind them! Awaiting your book...Unwind With Arugami :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kids will be a devil and an astronaut. I'll don my witches cap again and hmm, likely Aussie outlaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I haven't blogged or followed blogs in over a year. YAK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I haven't blogged or followed blogs in over a year. YAK!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO cute!! Ms. E is going as a Vampiress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are SO cute!!! Ms. E is dressing up as a Vampiress!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love me some amigurumi & these are great!! J & A are going to be a couple of scary, undead things...no pink ruffles here haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable!!!! Abigail is going as Princess Sofia and Cam is going as Mickey Mouse..... As you know;). We love our costumes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!