Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween T-Shirts

In between the costume madness, I found some time to make some new Halloween applique t-shirts for my kids. I should tell you before you go all "jeez--is there anything that crazy woman isn't doing for Halloween??" that my son has been wearing the same Halloween shirt (courtesy of Target) for the last 3 years. Yep, 3 years. I will leave what an 8 year old in a size 5T t-shirt might look like to your imagination.

I was lucky enough to find a plain orange t-shirt for my daughter at Gymboree on the clearance rack and a bright green t-shirt in the clearance section at JoAnn Fabrics last week.

I wanted to do basic black silhouettes on the shirts, super easy and fast to put together. So, my daughter and I looked at some Halloween cat clip art and eventually agreed on one we both liked. For my son's shirt I used a pumpkin carving template that I saw on Pinterest a while back.


I traced the shapes onto Heat Bond, then ironed it onto black fabric.


I used a stretch velvet I had leftover from a costume for the kitty, 


and a plain black knit for the Frankenstien. Then I cut the shapes out, placed them onto the t-shirts and ironed them in place. Last, I stitched around the edges to make them extra secure.


Yeah, I don't know what's up with the head tilt.


Or where his other sock may have gone. But the shirts are cool!!

And this is them before the candy!!  EEEK!!!



Linked Up HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!