Thursday, July 17, 2014

Girls Raglan Tee

Here's an easy sewing project that I finally got around to trying this week. (Seriously, this one has been on my "to do" list for a looooong time!) 

 I made a pattern from one of Lilah's t-shirts using this raglan tee tutorial from Craftiness is Not Optional.


I had this great neon pink striped fabric in my stash for the body of the shirt.


For the sleeves, I used some white stretch lace from a thrifted shirt that I picked up for $1 last week.


Assembling the shirt was very easy, sew the sleeves to the front and back of the shirt.


Then, sew (or serge) the side seams from the sleeves to the bottom of the the shirt.


Add ribbing (or other binding) around the neck edge and hem the bottom and the sleeves.


Try it on your model, and when she strikes a pose and smiles, you're DONE! (For a much more detailed tutorial, use the above link to CINO, it's fantastic!)



I think I will be whipping these up by the dozen. Vary the sleeve length, maybe some color blocking, this shirt can be super versatile, it could probably even be lengthened into a dress...hmmmmm..... I may even try to make some for the boy!


I love this photo, she's already got the blogger pose down perfectly! I'd say she likes her new shirt!



Linked Up HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!