Sunday, August 24, 2014

Simple Kitchen Decor

This project has been on my to-do list for quite a while. (Have I been saying that a lot lately? I feel like I have been, that must mean I finally have some free time, hooray!) Anyway, if you're looking for a fast and fun project for your kitchen, I can recommend this one!

You will need:
An old picture frame, any size
A set of old silverware, whatever combination you like
Spray paint, color of your choice
some cardboard
fabric (or more paint)
hot glue and scissors

First, remove the glass from the picture frame. You won't need it for this project, so you can set it aside for something else if you'd like.

Next, spray your frame in your desired color. I used a gloss white.


Since you're already painting, spray paint your silverware in a contrasting color. I chose ecru.


While your paint is drying, cut a piece of cardboard to fit into the frame. You can either paint the cardboard or cover it with fabric (if you choose fabric, remember to cut your cardboard a little bit smaller to allow for the thickness of the fabric). 


Once you've gotten your fabric on straight, which I eventually did, wink wink, use spray adhesive to secure the fabric to the cardboard and wrap the edges around the back.

Flip the silverware and frame over and paint the other side. Once that's all dry, grab all the parts and the hot glue gun and get ready to assemble.


Lay the silverware out on the backing and use the hot glue to secure it down.


Last, reassemble the frame, pick a spot in your kitchen or dining room and hang it!


I hung mine next to the cabinet along with our favorite apple wall art. 

A simple, quick, and fun project to brighten up any kitchen. Enjoy!




Linked Up HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!