Monday, March 30, 2015

Pretty in Pink: The Chair Edition

We really, really, really cannot get enough pink around here!

Wait. I'm getting ahead of myself. First let me tell you the story about this darling little chair that my good friend Mae gave me back in Arizona.


She offered me this cute little 1950's vanity chair for FREE! (Because she's awesome!) And since I cannot turn away from a bargain or a chair, I gratefully re-homed it.

And then relocated it to Georgia, where it sat in the garage for months waiting for some attention.


Since I was stripping my daughter's new dresser anyway, I decided to go ahead and do the chair at the same time. 


I love freshly stripped furniture, don't you? Now, my first thought was to stain this or even just give it a clear satin polyurethane coat and redo the seat cushion, but then my daughter designer got involved.


So, I used the same bright pink as the dresser and painted it. I have to admit, this color is sort of growing on me.


Then I recovered the seat in cute pink doggie fabric. (Also chosen by guess who??)


And the end result is an adorable pink vanity chair, perfect for the Princess of Pink's bedroom!

So far I am resisting her efforts to persuade me to paint every item in her room pink including the walls....we'll see how tough I am.

Hope this brings some brightness to your Monday! Have a great week!!



Linked Up HERE

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! I really love the fabric that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! And thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. It is really cute. The color really highlights the bones of the chair. You get the best mom award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did to this chair. The fabric and colour you chose are just perfect. I can understand she wants her room this colour :-)
    By the way, I came over to say hi from Handy Man, Crafty Woman and just wanted to let you know that if you like, you are most welcome to join my link party on weekends as well.
    Have a lovely day!
    Best wishes from The Netherlands, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You've been featured on Wicked Awesome Wednesday! Thank you for sharing your chair do-over. I love the fabric you chose! Feel free to stop by the website to pick up your "I've Been Featured!" button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This renovations looks amazing. This is my favorite color. I definitely will try this out! Thank you a lot for sharing = )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a note to let me know you were here!